Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thinking OUTSIDE a BOX!

For this week's Terrifically Thrilling Thursday Challenge at Shelly's Images, Ms. Marion has challenged us to an ANYTHING BUT A CARD Challenge.  I'm not sure about you, but between cards & layouts, I don't "Think OUTSIDE of the box" often enough.
So this week, because the month of September holds a TON of birthdays I thought I'd create a little 'treat' holder - because a birthday is NEVER complete without a little treat.....in this case Almond M&M's.

This little treat just happens to be for my mom who is celebrating her birthday on the 11th,
Image - Shelly's Images "Cupcake"
Papers - K & Company Papers
Cricut - TBB&M "Nut Cup" cut at 5.75", FMK "Cherry" (modified)
Candles - Rolled paper with stiffened embroidery floss as wicks
Extra STUFF - Blue Bling (using my i-Rock), Stickles, Teal & Yellow Tulle; Studio G Stamped calendar
I just love that I had the chance to think outside the box on this challenge.
Be sure to stop by Shelly's Images and see what fun things the other girlz created and even better yet, join us this week for the Anything but a Card Challenge - who knows, YOU could be our weekly winner!!
Happy Fall y'all!
(Nope, STILL NOT ready to put the flip flops away!!!)

4 comments:

  1. Very cute Min, I'm sure you mum will love it. It is always good to think outside the box every now and then, it is amazing what we can come up with.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Min, I love it! What an adorable treat holder. This project is perfect for Halloween just around the corner. Can't wait to see you 'think outside of the box' again. P.S. My daughters aren't ready to put away their flip flops either. The local weather man in Indy literally has to announce on air that flip flop weather is over before they will even consider putting them away! Hugs and Happiness, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Min, I can't think outside the box but you did a fabulous job on this treat bag. Your mom is going to love it. Happy Birthday mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this project Min. You did so wonderful with the little cup and I love those candles. :) I hope you are having a wonderful long weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min