Thursday, September 16, 2010

Operation Write Home at Shelly's Images

Join us at Shelly's Images this week as we support the efforts of Operation Write Home - an organization that supplies our War Heros who are away from home with handmade cards to send to their families.

It's easy for us to 'run' to the store and pick up a card to send to a loved one, or if you're a card maker, whip up a birthday card, thinking of you card or Love you card.  But these men and women don't have that opportunity.  Imagine how much it means to a little girl to get a birthday card from her daddy overseas.

My husband and I have adopted several of our service men and women over the past 5 years and have been blessed to hear from each and every one that we've adopted.  It broke my heart to look at the list of things they would ask for us to send in the care packages we sent.  A box of their favorite cereal, a birthday or anniversary card that they could send home, hot cocoa.  

In talking with my dad and my father in law - both Vietnam Veterans who spent time overseas - they would both tell me just how much the little things meant (a letter for THEM from home was cause for celebration!).  And even my mom being on the receiving end of getting something from my dad has often told me how much she looked forward to the letters she would get from my dad - as few and far between as they may have been.

That's why I'm all about celebrating this week with Operation Write Home.  We're celebrating with them and creating BIRTHDAY Cards!  If you join us at Shelly's Images, show us your card creations, you'll even be put in a drawing to win freebies!  :)

You can visit Operation Write Homes website for details on card size, guidelines to follow, etc and once you've created your masterpiece to share with one of our brave heros, be sure to stop by Shelly's Images and share with us what you've created!!

Support A Soldier - they give up so much so we can enjoy our freedoms!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min