Monday, January 19, 2009

Squirrel? Where's the Squirrel?

Today was a wonderfully productive day! I got 5 Layouts AND Journaling finished, started two long over due cards and am working on sketches for two albums I'm working on. WHEW! Add that to grocery shopping, a dentist appointment, trip to the scrapbook store, laundry, dishes, cleaning the kitchen and stripping & remaking the bed, it was a BUSY DAY! I even got to have lunch with my hubby. We had fabulous leftover meatloaf sandwiches (we got the recipe for the Boston Market Meatloaf and made that last night......recipe further down).
Anyway, here's one of the layouts I finished today.
Because we don't have any 'human' kids, our cats entertain us. Gizmo, our big furball is facinated by things that move out on the deck, leaves, bugs, shadows, wildlife, including squirrels. So, when you say to Gizmo, 'Gizmo, where's the Squirrel?' he automatically runs to the sliding glass door off the deck and looks for his Squirrel. And the funny thing? This darn squirrel just LIVES to tease both kids. He comes up on the deck and sits on the railing on the deck and fluffs his tail. Hence the Layout.
Materials Used: Papers from my stash, including Basic Grey printed paper (I think it was last years Figgy Pudding). Squirrels were cut out using Cricut and Animal Kingdom and Squirrel was cut out using Base Camp (I think). Journaling was printed on the computer and inked.
Thanks for looking! Happy Crafting!
Min

2 comments:

  1. I love your layout Min !!

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's weird. I checked your blogs yesterday and nothing new was showing up for me, and I even refreshed.

    So I was super excited to see tons of posts today.

    Love the squirrels! (Susan - squirrels!)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min