Monday, December 10, 2012

12 Days of Christmas at Shelly's Images

So, have you been celebrating the 12 days of Christmas with the designers at Shelly's Images this week?
Well, let me give you a little taste of what we've been doing....
Yesterday I hosted my annual Holiday Bunch and Sweets Swap and to celebrate day 10 in the 12 days of Christmas, I thought I'd share this adorable gift tag that I whipped up using the Candy Cane Freebie (from Day 7.

It was a perfect fit for this holiday cookie tin.
 And if the super sweet tag wasn't enough, I thought I'd share a photo and recipe of just a few of the cookies that will fill a few of these adorable tins for friends, family and neighbors!
Can you say YUMMO???

Shall I share the recipe with you?  Well, of course!  =)
Taste of Home is one of my go to places for recipes - a new dinner recipe, fun recipe for a brunch with friends and  of course, even this sweets recipe!
Almond Joy Cookies
1/3 cup butter, softened
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. almond extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
5 cups flaked coconut, divided (you can omit if you don’t like coconut)

In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.  
Beat in egg yolk and almond extract.  
Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.  
Stir in 3 cups coconut.  
Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
Roll into 1-inch balls and roll in remaining coconut (or roll in sugar if you omitted coconut).  Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.  
Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie.  Sprinkle with coarse sugar.  
Cool on pan for 2-3 minutes or until chocolate is softened.  
Remove to wire racks to cool completely.

For the Candy Cane Cookies, I just omitted the Coconut and replaced the Chocolate Kiss with a Candy Cane kiss.
Super Simple and WAY TOO YUMMY!
Head on over to the Shelly's Images blog and do a little celebratin' with us - we certainly are celebrating the holiday and would love to have you join us!
Hugs & Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min