Friday, November 25, 2011

Freebie Friday at Bugaboo!!

HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY!!!
Did you get up early and go Christmas shopping?  Me? NO WAY!!!  I stayed nestled in my bed - it's gettin' COLD here in Michigan.
Since our family celebrates Turkey Day the Saturday after the REAL Thanksgiving, today I'll be headed to the market to pick up all my veggies and begin working on the 'make-ahead' items for tomorrow.

HOWEVER, I did get to play a bit with some of the new Penguins Jodie has created for today!!  Jodie whipped up an adorable set - who said Penguins are just for Christmas?!  
Well, these little penguins are celebratin' a birthday and ready to P-A-R-T-Y!! =)
Image - Bugaboo Stamps - Birthday Penguins Collection
Papers - Kraft, Basic Grey & Bazzill
Coloring - Copics C9 C7 C5 R81 R35 R37 B95 B91 YG07 YG17 Y13 Y15 YR04 YR07 
Tools - Heat Gun to dry colored felt, Sizzix Scallop Die, Cuttlebug and Nesties
Extra STUFF - Custom Ribbon, Doodling, Felt Flower, Bling, Custom Bling, Dimensionals, Fabric Glue, Copic Refill in R81 to color Felt, Stazon Jet Black Ink and Miscellaneous HB Sentiment

This is the first time I tried doing a felt flower like this - by coloring it with a Copic Refill.  I used my heat gun to dry the flower, which heated the felt a little bit and caused it to stiffen a bit (I'm very pleased with how this turned out).

Visit The Bug Blog to see what the rest of the design team did with this super cute new PARTYIN' Penguin collection!!
You still have time to join us for our "Let's Talk Turkey" challenge too - show us those cards you make for turkey day - I know y'all got some funny turkey cards!! =)
Hugs & Happy Days!
This Happy little creation has been entered into the following challenges - 
Gingerloft - 2W - (2nd week) Lace, Fabric or Felt (ends 26th Nov)
Lollipop Crafts - Anything Goes
Pile It On - Anything with a "P" - PENGUIN
The Hybrid Chick Card Caravan - 2W - (2nd week) Birthday Card (ends 25th Nov)
Just Some Lines 2W, SIO - 1stW Tic Tac Toe* (Punch/Die, Digi & Glitter)

1 comment:

  1. WAY cool! Love the flower, love the sketch, and totally LOVE that penguin!! Have a happy cooking day, Min, and a ton of family fun tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min