Monday, August 16, 2010

CANNED!

This is what the crazy amount of beans we had looks like after being canned....
We had so much fun doing this yesterday.  While it did take some time (b/c we had to pressure cook the beans), we still had a great time.  Yep, it was our Anniversary, but hey, as long as I got to spend the day with my wonderfull hubby, it didn't matter what we did!

We also blanched, julienned and froze our green peppers.  Now I'm trying to figure out what we'll can next......hmmmm spaghetti sauce sounds good.  Thank goodness we'll be raiding my mom's canning supplies this weekend (and likely picking MORE beans.....she was already picking MORE beans on Sunday after all we picked on Saturday - AMAZING!)  Didn't want to bore you with photos of the inside of our storage freezer looking at a bunch of frosted and frozen ziplock bags of green peppers.  :)

I thought I'd share a quick Graduation card I put together for a family friend whose daughter graduated this spring.  We missed her graduation party a few weekends ago when Dad was in the hospital.  DOH!
Image - Studio G stamps
Papers - White Cardstock, Black Cardstock & some Silver/Black Swirly Cardstock I've had FOR-EVA!
Techniques - Heat Embossing & Dry Embossing (Guess it was an embossing kind of card)
Extra STUFF - Silver Embossing Powder and Scor-Pal for embossed lines at top and bottom of card

I think this is one of the most simple cards I've made in I couldn't tell you HOW LONG! 
Totally love the way it turned out though!
Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
If you have a minute - be sure to pop over to Shelly's Images and check out what the design team has created for this weeks Marvelous Monday Release!  For today only you get the release for a DISCOUNTAND WHO DOESN'T LOVE A DISCOUNT?!
Thanks to everyone who stopped by and left such lovely comments yesterday. 
I'm trying to get back into my blog visiting/commenting routine again (I've missed all the wonderful things you're creating).  :)

2 comments:

  1. A fabulous card,love the clean and simple look!!! You are right,it doesn't matter what you do as long as you have a wonderful day together and it sounds like you did!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm....I love fresh green beans. Those have my mouth watering.

    And wonderful card Min. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min