Wednesday, May 19, 2010

POTS POTS & More POTS!

This is just a quick photo of the terra cotta pots I've been working on for my herb garden. 
Nothing too exciting YET, but once I get them planted and hung on the deck - can you say FABULOUS?!
Because everything at our house is TROPICAL, our hanging pots needed to follow the same suit!  We both LOVE bright colors that remind us of our trips to the Caribbean & Tropics.
I used OUTDOOR paint (in the 2 oz. bottles) that you can find in JoAnn.  It's the Patio Paint Brand.  The turquoise is "BAHAMA BREEZE", the magenta is "FUSCHIA" and the Green (which took about 100 coats to cover the orange terra cotta color) is "BRIGHT LIME GREEN".
We both LOVE the way the colors turned out (Hope you don't mind the photo, I've been playing with the camera a bit).
The pots are the medium size terra cotta pots you can get at Joann - They were originally $1.99 each, but I picked them up on sale (I LOVE SALES!!).
We'll have 2 of each color on the deck.  If we have a bit more space, I think we'll add a bright orange into the mix.  Anyway, this is what I've been tinkering with.  These will actually be hung on our deck to save up some of the valuable deck space.  These pots will also have all our herbs in them this year.  I absolutely CAN NOT WAIT to get my herbs planted . . . . maybe even this weekend!!
There's nothing like fresh herbs in meals!
I'll be sure to show you the final product once we get them hung on the deck.
I'm not sure if I'll get any tinkering in today or not.  Dad has a procedure at 1 pm today that I'm headed off to, so I'm not sure what time I'll get home.  Of course I've got a bag of waiting room projects with me - 2 new James Patterson books (must finish one before I can start the 9th book in the Women's Club series).  A pair of felted slippers to finish (yep, working on Christmas projects already!) and a new market bag to start.  So, I'm sure SOMETHING will get done while we're waiting.  I'm not a sit and wait kind of person - gotta be doin' SOMETHING!
There are some neat-o challenges I've come across this week too that I'd like to give a try - when was the last time you made a monochromatic project?!
Yah, me too! :)
And even better yet, tomorrow is the TTT Challenge at Shelly's Images that I can't wait to give a try.  Bev's got something FABULOUS up her sleeve that you won't want to miss!!
You still have time to participate in this past week's TTT Challenge that Scrappy gave you - Anything Goes.  You can enter until midnight tonight to be eligible in the weekly free image drawing!
As always, thanks so much for stoppin' by today!  I hope you have a lovely 1/2 way to Friday Day!

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors that show in the photo. Can't wait to see the result. Just show them pleaaaaase??? LOL
    How did the test go with your Dad?
    Have a wonderful day.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min