Friday, August 14, 2009

This weeks - Good Friend Challenge

So, this week was Shelly's week to determine our Card challenge. And boy, did she have me putting on my thinking cap for this one. I'll admit, I over bling, over ribbon, over button, over emboss and over pattern paper my cards like there's no tomorrow. My name is Min & I'm addicted to embellishments & Foo-fa-la
(The foo-fa-la is a little giggle between my friends Amy, Sue & I :o)
The challenge was 5 SIMPLE cards. Simple enough, right? You could use up to 3 different colors of cardstock (black and white could be used in addition to the 3). You could use 1 image, but it had to be used on all 5 cards and a sentiment either inside or out.
What you couldn't use - No patterned paper, no bling, no buttons, no embossing, no embellishments, no ribbon.
Apparently my brain doesn't work when I can't use embossing, buttons and bling. DOH!
But that's the challenge, right?! :o)
Thanks to Shelly's challenge, I LOVE they way these turned out! And she was even nice enough to go looking for my mojo! Thanks again Shelly - I had a blast with this!
You can check out Shelly's challenge creation on her blog here.
Image: Oh Drat, I forgot which stamp set this chandelier is from..... Bazzill Cardstock in Orange, Yellow and Pink. Black & White Cardstock Charcoal & Frosty White Ink - Colorbox Inks Martha Stewart Punch
I had to chuckle after I finished these cards - minus the pink cardstock - they look like they should have a Halloween image on them instead. Can you say Candy Corn?
Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
My hubby and I are celebrating our 6th Anniversary tomorrow. We got married during the blackout of 2003 - yep, a wedding & reception without power! It was the most amazing, romantic, candle lit wedding reception we've ever been to.
If I have a chance this weekend, I'll post a few of our wedding photos.
Isn't it amazing how it seems like just yesterday every year when you celebrate your anniversary?
Happy Days & Happy Craftin'!
Min

1 comment:

  1. Min...you did great on these. I love the stamped image on the dark background! I always say I am going to do that, and somehow never do. And I love candy corn so these are perfect! ;)

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min