Sunday, August 2, 2009

Girlfriends - A Reason to Celebrate!

And what a wonderful reason to celebrate!!
We're down to the final 4 in the Survivor Challenge over at Scrap-Friendzy and I can hardly believe I'm one of the four left standing. There are some really talented ladies that have participated in this Survivor challenge. This is Challenge #3 of 4. It was a recipe challenge this week - use 1 Photo any size, 3 Buttons, at least 1 flower, a dash of chipboard and some cutting. And this is what I ended up with - and absolutely LOVE it!! This is a photo we too a few weekends ago in front of Hobby Lobby. It was one of those photos where we held the camera out in front of us, squinted into the sun and smiled. It was a celebrating kind of day - I met up with my two girlfriends, we spent a few hours at Archivers oohing and aahing over EVERYTHING, went to Olive Garden for lunch and to celebrate my birthday and when I opened my gift from Amy we started celebrating more - because Suz and I get to be Aunts again in February (are hubbies get to be uncles again too - imagine that :). And what better way to capture and celebrate our friendship than to get it in a layout. Doesn't the saying go - "If it's not in the scrapbook, it didn't happen?!" Most of the elements are digital elements that I downloaded & printed off to use. I've had these for I couldn't tell you how long but haven't had a reason or chance to use them, until now!! The Stand, Shoes, To Do List, flower border and green scalloped edge were all hand cut. Most of the flowers are popped up on dots. I used 5 buttons in the centers of flowers. Solid colored papers are Bazzill Cardstock in white, orange & yellow. A bit of Black Cardstock. A BUNCH of paper flowers. Cricut: Storybook was used for the two scalloped circles under the photo, Alphalicious for the chipboard 'girlfriends' which was also embossed in white after it was cut. Also used the Apron punch along the edge, Diamond Stickles & some Pink Sheer Ribbon from my stash. The Journaling on the To Do list reads: Starbucks, Meet Amy, Meet Suz @ Archivers 2 Scrappy Shop, B-day Lunch @ Olive Garden, Celebrate Baby Raz News, Hobby Lobby, Enjoy Friends! Now, THAT is my kind of to do list with my girlie friends! If you'd like to check out the final four survivors and vote for your favorite, you can head over to Scrap-Friendzy and make your vote count. :)
Thanks to my girlfriends for a wonderful celebration & great memories.

Thanks to you for stopping by today - I hope you have a great day!
Happy Craftin'!
Min

3 comments:

  1. Oh my...Love this layout. The shoes with the buttons are adorable. Not sure what the final 4means but it sounds like I need to wish you luck. But with a layout like this, luck has nothing to do with it...you have talent on your side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout is lovely Min !!

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this page is gorgeous!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min