Friday, April 23, 2010

HOW-DY!

I had fully intended to post this last night, but we got wrapped up in Survivor (STILL can't believe JT got voted off with 2 idols at tribal council - DOH!!) and the NFL Draft. My hubby was so excited that the Lions actually got what we think will be a great player. He's already planning on the Lions going to the play-offs and talking about season tickets.....or at least tickets to ONE game this season! LOL  He's even stoked that today is DAY 2 of the NFL Draft!  We're about due for a good football team, but of course, time will tell.
Okay, enough TV and Football Talk!  :)
So, yesterday was my Tutorial Thursday Challenge over at Scrap-Friendzy and lately, I've been playing with paint.  Messy but OH SO FUN!!  And because yesterday was EARTH DAY, it was only fitting to play with paint on something that would most of the time go into the garbage.......PLASTIC packaging.  In our house, we save and recycle lots of things (heck, I even recycle egg cartons and make palm trees from them - lol).  Anyway, I've been playing with the plastic & paint.  Like Wednesday's card, I used the stiff packaging plastic with an embossing folder and some paint on the Depends card.
Yesterday I thought I'd add some stamping to the plastic and see what happens!  Turns out I LOVE the result (I've got a few layouts in mind I'm going to work on this weekend using this technique).  WOO HOO! 
Okay, so enough blah blah blah, here's the card - if you want step by step instructions, join us over at Scrap-Friendzy - we've got terrific challenges Monday thru Friday, great talent and even a little inspiration.  You won't be sorry you stopped by!
Okay, here's the card for real this time :)
How CUTE is this?!
Image - Bugaboo Stamps Bugaboo Cowboy (CB Horse)
Papers - Denium & Bandana from HL; Black & White CS from my Stash
Technique - Magic Colored Pencil Technique & Acrylic Recycling (see Scrap-Friendzy for Tutorial)
Stamps/Ink - Basic Grey Horse & Horse Shoes/Stazon Jet Black
Other Stuff -  Googley Eyes :); Suede Fringe, Adirondack Lettuce Acrylic Paint; Leftover Hard Plastic Packaging; Flat Backed metal studs & Computer Generated Sentiment
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today!  As always I love your comments and think it's great that you find time to spend a little time in my creative paradise!
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend - we're due for a wet weekend, so I just may get a little scrappy time in and THAT excites me!  I'll have to try & get a photo of some new stuff my mom is up to too - once you see these, you're DEFINITELY want one!! :)
TGIF and Happy Craftin'!
Min

2 comments:

  1. How super cute is this!! I love the goggle eyes on him and the fun background! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is SO cute! Love the googly eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min