Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A "HOPPIN" weekend!

Whew, not sure about your weekends, but ours sure was hoppin!  Things have been crazy busy around our house - good crazy busy, but HOLY COW!  Crazy Busy to the point I needed to come back to work for a day off  (WAY SO KIDDING!!!).  So, I've been trying to finish this post since Sunday night......no such luck. The weather was fabulous on Friday so my hubby and I spent all day at my folks working on the farm, Saturday we did the 'stuff' around the house, got things ready for Easter that we were bringing, etc and Sunday, we enjoyed Easter with my hubby's family and my mom.  Dad's been doing okay, we just didn't want him exposed to germs this weekend, as today he begins white cell booster shots because of low white blood cell counts.
I thought I'd share a few photos we took for my dad so he knew we were thinking about him.  :)
This was one of our surprise wanna-be dinner guests - if my hubby would have opened the door, he would have come right in, watched the ball game and shared a can of nuts with my father in law.  Actually, we think this fella was trying to get my brother in laws portion of my family famous 'Basa and Kraut!
This was the photo of all of us that we went to my dad and my brother in law who couldn't make it for dinner.
And of course we had to take a picture with the kids - they had SO MUCH FUN.  My mother in law actually got a pinata for the kids (in addition to the Easter Egg hunt).  This photo was BEFORE the Pinata.
And This was the Pinata - yep, four kids with plastic bats and they ALL wanted to hit it at the same time, but they were good about taking turns.
CANDY!!!  (This is one of my favorite!)
And with all the Easter Candy Craziness and General Craziness, yep, I still found a LITTLE time in my studio to make a few last minute Easter Cards.
Image - A Freebie Cutie Mini-Set from Bugaboo Stamps (Jodie gives out so much great free stuff - Aren't these Bunnies just too adorable?!)
Paper - Turquoise CS from stash, Pink & Orange Bazzill & Doodlebug Dots
Technique - Magic Colored Pencil Technique
Ribbon - Orange Ribbon - Michaels
Felt Flower & Leaves - Felt Flowers from Michaels
Punches - Fiskars Apron & EK Success Scallop
Miscellaneous - doodling
Thanks so much for stopping by today - I hope you had a terrific Easter!
Hopefully I'll get a little scrappy time in my studio tonight - it was so nice yesterday when I got home, we spent the evening outside - I cleaned out my car and then we hung out on the deck.
Today, it's rainy - perfect day for some studio time!
I've got some great new images my sis Shelly at Shelly's Images drew that I want to get my colored pencils on!.  You can check out all her great images at Shelly's Images.  She just started a blog too and is having a design team call AND a fun freebie contest!!  You can check out the blog and all the details HERE
Happy Craftin'!
Min

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great Easter! I still love the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Min! Looks like you had a great Easter. Thanks for sharing you day with us! Glad you had nice weather because you sure have had your share of snow and cold this winter. Cute card...can't go wrong with Bugaboo and you really did Jodie proud!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min