Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunny Sunflower

 
This little number was made in honor of my mom's birthday this past Friday, September 11th.
When I was little, we used to go to Minesota Fabrics (before the JoAnn and Michaels of the world existed).  My mom used to wheel the cart up to this gimundous (yep, that's a word in our house) bin filled with buttons.  Buttons of all shape, color and size.  She would find a button and my mission would be to find the other buttons that matched the button my mom found.  I'm sure many hours were spent over my childhood looking for matching buttons.
So, it seemed appropriate to include buttons on my mom's birthday card.  It's a moment in my childhood that I remember like it was yesterday and I'm sure my mom remembers too.
Card was cut using the Cricut & Design Studio - George and Stretch your Imagination
Buttons were ALL from my button box (the button box that my mom gave me, of course).
Papers are scrappy papers in Deep Meri-Gold, Brown & White from my stash
Ink - Chestnut Roan - Colorbox
Hope you're having a Sunny Shiney Sunday!
Happy Craftin'!
Min

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min