Monday, December 15, 2008

Snowflakes Snowflakes, Here & There

Snowflakes Everywhere!
I'm not sure about you, but I love to watch it snow!
I love to watch the way it 'washes' everything clean and how still & quiet it sounds when it snows. And I LOVE how the snow sparkles & glistens when the sunlight hits it as it sits nestled in the branches of the trees.
Because we haven't had much snow (most of what we've gotten thus far melted yesterday with the 50+ degree weather). So, I thought I'd try and get into the Snowy Christmas mood by making this invitation last week.
Every year, Glen and I host Christmas Eve Dinner at Our house for our parents, Glen's Aunt, Uncle & cousins, along with our siblings. This year is no different and the menu is shaping up to be a YUMMY one. Anyway, I digress. So, I always try and send out 'invitations' to our Dinner party and this was what I came up with this year.
We absolutely LOVE the way it turned out although I'm STILL find glitter in the most interesting places.....on the cats, in the carpet, in the laundry, in the cabinets..... I've accepted the fact that I'll be wearing it regularly until I can get it all cleaned up from my studio, but I'm beginning to wonder just how much glitter my poor husband is wearing. :o)Printed Papers were Reminisce - Frosted Collection; Frosted Over & Frosted Window
White Glittery paper was Doodlebug Design
The Bling on the snowflakes were some that I had in my stash, but I think they were from either Archivers or Michaels.
Snowflake design was designed by me on Cricut Design Studio. The large snowflake in the center was cut once in the design and then by itself. Snowflake Frame and large snowflake are all on dimensionals.
So, right now, we don't have any snow, but hold on, according to the mighty weather forecaster here is our forecast for tomorrow afternoon/evening:
Tuesday night Snow showers early will become steadier snow overnight. Low 23F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Significant snow accumulation possible.
I love the "Significant snow accumulation possible" part.......
Guess we'll see if they're right tomorrow!
Happy Craftin!
Min

1 comment:

  1. How pretty. I like the different layers. And, like real snowflakes, each of these will be unique!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min