Monday, December 1, 2008

How Was Your Turkey Day?

I hope this finds everyone getting into the holiday spirit! We had such a nice holiday this past weekend! Thursday Glen and I spent the day tinkering around the house, getting Christmas lights finished, our snow village put together and smelling the yummy turkey dinner cooking.

This is the Christmas Village Glen always does such a fabulous job organizing. Isn't it awesome? We've both decided that we're going to need a bigger fireplace topper for next year as our village is turning into a little town!
We usually do our 'Turkey Day After' Dinner the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Everyone comes to our house for dinner - my folks, Glen's mom & dad, brother Rick and my cousin Eric & John. We eat, eat, eat, drink and are merry! Glen and his brother each year fry our turkey and we have a plethora of yummy 'extras'. This year was no exception - we hardly had any 'tovers!
I hope you all were able to enjoy your family and friends like we did!

My apologies for being such a blog slacker! I can't believe it's been two and a half weeks since I've blogged!
I don't know about you, but it never ceases to amaze me with just HOW busy everything gets this time of the year! Whew!
This weekend, we have our annual Cookie Exchange Party (Sunday), so this week will be spent finalizing the menu for brunch and then the cookie making starts Friday. I'll be sure to take photos of all the wonderful cookies we end up with! This is one of my favorite parties because we have the chance to share all these wonderful treats with friends and family that aren't bakers or are too far away to join us.
Creativity has been scarce these past few weeks - I've been so busy working on Christmas Gifts (of course, I can't post them b/c then they wouldn't be a surprise to those who are getting them......

But, I was able to work on a few cards on Sunday. Tonight I plan to finish our Christmas Cards and finish our Christmas Eve Dinner invitations. Sure need to get those in the mail!
Happy Crafting! Min

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min