Thursday, November 11, 2010

Oldie But Goodie - in More ways than 1

First of all - Happy Veterans Day to all our Vetrans.  How blessed we are to have the best veterans in the world.  The sacrifices they've made to keep our rights and freedoms intact.
I am reminded of these Veterans every time I see of talk to my dad or father in law.  Every time I sit with my dad at the Vetrans hospital for his appointments. 
These men and women (Veterans and active duty soldiers) belong to a VERY SPECIAL group -
How willing would you be to give up all the comforts we're so used to and go to the middle east to stand up for what you believe in?
So, today espeically - say thank you to a veteran - or give one a hug if you're so inclined. : )
Okay, climbing down from my soap box now because I don't discuss politics (that just gets everyone disagreein' and we don't need none of that round here!).  ; )

So today's Thursday - Oldie but Goodie Day at Catch The Bug.
The Invites are in the mail and WATCH OUT those who may be receiving one -
Our FAVORITE Bugaboo Broad is talkin' Turkey!
Because we have family that comes in from out of town, we always celebrate our big family 'After Turkey Day Dinner' the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  It's the best - my hubby and his bro deep fry the turkey and anything else they can get their hands on.  Because we're Polish there is always 'basa and kraut & pierogi.  And of course, the standard Turkey Day Fare.
Image - Bugaboo "Stella Calendar" set
Paper - All from my stash - Kraft, Metallic Yellow, Brown & Orange
Coloring - Copics
Cuttlebug - Embossing - D'vine Swirl, Textile & Swiss Dots
Extra STUFF - Computer generated invitation, Doodling, A little bling & Ribbon/Bow
So, all that's left is to make sure the wine is stocked and the food is hot - oh wait, I think I have to do the grocery shopping too!
Stella will be joining the following challenges today -

Thanks so much for stoppin' by today!
If you're lookin' for a bit more inspiration - head over to the Catch The Bug Challenge blog, check out the design team creations and if you haven't joined us for this week's Challenge, we've got an ANYTHING GOES!
Be sure to check back tomorrow - yep, because it's FRIDAY!

4 comments:

  1. i love it, fantastic work :)

    good luck in the challenges,

    Hugs, Sarah x
    Design Team member for: CPF, CCC & BMD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, love it. Great image and sentiment. Thank you for joing us at Anything Goes. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. too fabulous Min!
    I'm so glad you shared with us @ Creative Card Crew & Digital Tuesday!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min