Sunday, November 29, 2009

Creative....

In more ways than just paper crafting! 
This LONG weekend was a whirl wind of of creativity......of course, not enough creative projects were completed though.  Tis' the season I guess.
Of course, I'm still working on our Christmas cards - they're getting there, but not quite finished yet.
On Saturday for our Turkey Day After Dinner, I tried my 'creative baking' skills.  I made my first Lemon Meringue pie for dessert.  My mom for years has always made Lemon Meringue pie for my dad (it's his favorite) for all the holidays I can remember.  So, this year, I thought I'd give it a try.  I learned if you beat egg whites for too long, they CAN get TOO stiff.  The pie was still super yummy though!!
I've been knitting slippers like crazy, trying to get them finished for the holiday because I learned this weekend that several of my family members have worn their slippers out (add 4 more pair to knit before Christmas to the 6 pair I'm still working on).
And the pillowcase creativity has been finished.  My mom delivered the last of the pillowcases that we worked on a few weekends ago.  They turned out way too cute.  I didn't take photos of all of them, but here are a few.  What kid or grown up wouldn't love one of these cute pillowcases?
My mom always finds the coolest stuff (see our family blog here for her neat finds).  So, she stopped at Ikea and found these hot pads (they were originally plain white).  Because of her embroidery store, NOTHING leaves the store without SOMETHING embroidered on it.  So, these are a few new hot pads and a hand towel for our kitchen.  Aren't they super cute?
So, this week, I'm hoping to get back to making a dent in my projects that involve spending time in my studio using paper and vinyl (and a few pair of slippers here and there).
Happy Craftin'!
Min

1 comment:

  1. Hi Min...Glad you had a great weekend. Stop by my blog...you've got some blog candy waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min