Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Happiest Place On Earth

My favorite little nephew is headed to the Land of Mickey Mouse this weekend so I put together a little 'Disney' bag for him to carry on the plane. I get to make the 'delivery' tomorrow after work to see my favorite boy - I can't wait to see how excited he is. I'm a really bad aunt too, I still had his Easter Basket and wanted to get that to him too - Bad Aunt Min, I know).
Target had these great little canvas bags in their $1 spot - the perfect size for a 3 1/2 year old.
His Uncle Glen and I included this cute little Mickey Card for him, along with a new box of crayons, a Mickey Coloring book and a few other little books, - all very important things every little traveler needs! There's nothing like a new box of crayons and some new coloring books for a plane ride!
The mouse ears on the bag were hand cut based on the Mickey & Friends pattern I cut on the Cricut out of a Fat Quarter and then attached with some Heat & Bond (I'm not much of a sewing diva). You HAVE to have Mouse Ears when you're going to visit Mickey!!
Mouse Ears were cut from the Mickey & Friends Cart at 7"+ (I had to cover up a pre-stamped design on the bag).
The Mickey Card was created in Design Studio and cut with the Cricut. Mickey & his parts were designed at 6". The rectangle part of the card was from George & Basic Shapes & they were welded together.
The Mickey Word was cut at 2" with the shadow as well and is on the inside with a little note to him from Glen & I.
Papers are just cardstock from my stash in your primary Mickey Colors.
I know he'll have a fabulous time - right now he's excited about the plane ride and the water park - ah to be a 3 1/2 year old again!! I can't wait until they get back because I know Colin will have many Mickey stories to tell us and I'm pretty sure Amy (his mommy), Aunt Suz and I will be doing some serious Mickey Scrappin for his Disney Album!!
Happy Craftin' & May All Your Dreams Come True!!
Min

3 comments:

  1. Hey Min! This is so adorable, love Mickey!!
    Great card!

    Hugs,

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Min...You did a fantastic job on this one. Mickey is absolutley PERFECT! I'm sure your nephew will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He does! And it's even cuter in person!

    - Mother of the nephew :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min