Monday, November 23, 2009

'Tis The Season!

I've been a bad blogger this past week.  There have been so many projects I've been trying to get wrapped up before the holidays.  Saturday I spent the day making mint chocolate covered pretzles.  Can you say YUMMO?  Of course Glen and I had to taste a few for Quality Control.  I haven't even made a DENT in my chocolate making for Christmas.  I still have chocolate covered cherries and chocolate turtles to make.  I'm not sure if that will take place this weekend or it it will wait until next week.  I'll be sure to share the EYE CANDY once it's all finished.
And believe it or not, once I got the chocolate off my fingers, I've been scrapping & knitting like a crazy woman.  Still working on knitting slippers for Christmas.  A few more have been added to the list and of course, I'm working on Christmas Cards.  (I thought I said I was going to have my Christmas Cards DONE in January - DOH!)  I have little snowman pieces, and scarf pieces and snow globe pieces EVERYWHERE!!  I've cut out so many little snowmen scraves I have the 'scissor-claw' going (I never knew how sore your hand could get after 2 hours of cutting little scarves out of paper.....)  We usually send over 100 Christmas cards out every year, so I have to do everything in steps.  My goal for this week is to get the Christmas Cards wrapped up.  Maybe a lofty goal, but we'll see.
Anyway, I did get a little something done yesterday that's actually FINISHED and not just in pieces.....so last week wasn't a complete bust! :o)
Glen's cousin 'twisted' her ankle, or so she though in the parking lot of the skating rink mid-week last week.  The update we got on Saturday was that she actually fractured a bone in her foot and is going to have to have surgery to install a pin.  UGH!  Guess that's one way to get out of Christmas shopping, huh?  So, I had to put together this little ditty for her.  Glen's family all has such a great sense of humor.  Her comment to Glen's uncle was that she was doing a double axel in the parking lot, hence the sentiment on the card.

Technique:  Magic Colored Pencil Technique
Several of the bandages and the cast are double cut and popped up on dimensionals.  It's hard to see in the photo, but it's way too cute in person.
Sentiment:  "Zeek realized the hard way that he needed to rework his parking lot double axel execution" computer generated using LDJ Noodge (Scrapnfonts); Oops! Monster-licious Graphic Set (LetteringDelights)
Miscellaneous papers from my stash (Doodlebug, Michaels stripe & Black & white dots).
Stickles:  Turquiose & Diamond
Thanks for stopping by today!  I certainly hope things aren't as crazy at your house as we gear up for the holidays, but the great thing - SHORT week this week - THOSE are the BEST kind of weeks!!!
See you tomorrow!!  Happy Craftin'!
Min

3 comments:

  1. Hi Min,

    wow you have been busy, yummy chocolate things. Great card too, love the sentiment.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah....Christmas cards......sigh.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! Gotta love Dustin Pike's images!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min