Saturday, November 7, 2009

Dino-mite Box O' Candy


I finally had a chance to get a good daylight photo of the little center piece boxes for Colin's party tomorrow.

How cute are they?  Each side of the box is different, so I thought I'd stack the four boxes to show you what each side looked like.  The sky and grass were painted with acrylic paint, everything else is paper.
I got the Boxes at Michaels, they're 4.25 x 4.25" square and actually come with a lid, but we weren't going to need those, so I've got them saved for another time or project.  The boxes were a glossy white before I got some paint & paper attached to them.
Materials -
Cricut - Paper Dolls Dress Up (all cuts except the Cloud, those were hand cut
Paper - all paper from my scrappy stash
Miscellaneous - Googley Eyes (Every Dino deserves googley eyes! :), Stickles, Acrylic Blue & Green Paint, Chestnut Roan Ink, Boxes from Michaels, Pop dots, Gel Pens for detail & liquid applique for the orange guy's horns. 
I have the parts & pieces done for the cake too, but I'll take a photo of it all tomorrow once it's attached to the cake, instead of piece by piece.
So today we're headed outside (it's going to be 60* today & tomorrow with sunshine), to take down our halloween decorations.  We might try & get the christmas lights on the gutters hung so we're not out trying to do it in the snow and ice.  Guess we'll see.  College football starts at 12:30 today.  Go Blue!  Go Green! (See, we're an equal rooting household when Michigan & Michigan State aren't playing one another!) ;o)
Happy Craftin'!
Min

6 comments:

  1. Hi Min,

    these boxes are fantastic, love the dinosaurs.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These boxes are super cute. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!!! Gotta love dinos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were even more amazing in person!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min