Friday, March 13, 2009

TGIF!!!

Boy, this week sure has taken its sweet ole time, hasn't it? I've been working on several projects lately - a few chipboard albums I was hired to do, a few cards that need making and a little knitting too! So, here's one of the cards that I put together. I'm really am trying to use stuff that's already in my stash.....so, thanks to the 365 Cards Blog Challenge "Just The Scraps", all the papers and the ribbon came from my stash basket. The image is thanks to Aprile who hosts the MCPT Challenge each month. This little cutie came in my happy mail envie from Aprile along with my little 'Go Green' Lizard.The next project, well, this is my 'watching tv' project. Since my studio is in our basement, I usually scrap down there when I'm doing laundry, for an hour or so each night when time permits and during crummy weather. I'm not much for just sitting and watching tv - my hands have to be doing something and that's where my knitting comes in. I have to thank my mom for getting me started knitting, gosh, 6 years ago. A family friend was a home ec teacher many years ago and she re-taught my mom to knit. When I saw the neat scarves my mom was knitting, I had to learn too! It's fun to have a hobby I can share with my mom. Every year for Christmas I always try to find her some fun yarn she can use throughout the year. Every year she always makes me a pair of hand knit socks. They are the best socks in the world (I'll have to take a pic of the pair she made me this year). Anyway, we try and take a knitting class together every so often. The last class we took, we learned to make the felted slippers. Okay, I digress. Anyway, a few summers ago, I was in the yarn shop and found this great beach/market bag pattern. The reason I like this pattern is that in the summer, the last thing you want to be knitting with is wool. These cotton market bags fill my knitting void made with 100% cotton yarn. The Pink & Orange one I made for myself has been to Long Boat Key Florida, Puerto Vallarta Mexico, Aruba and I'm sure will venture to many more beach locations. So, after all that blah blah blah :o), here are the three bags I've completed this week. Playtime, Beach Bag Blue and Key Lime Pie. Don't you just love the names? I love how these projects SCREAM Summer!!! You can get your very own resuable market/beach bag at my etsy store. Handmade, 100% cotton and boy do they stretch. These cute little fellas can easily fit 2 large beach towels, sunscreen and a book or magazine with room to spare.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a fabulous weekend & Happy Craftin'!
Min

1 comment:

  1. They are beautifull Min. I also love the cards you made :)).

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min