Thursday, September 6, 2012

Oldie But Goodie In the Kitchen

Dusted off this oldie and added a little Felt Flower to it and it's a little lovin' from the kitchen.
Image - Bugaboo Stamps "Kitchen Jar"
Papers - Miscellaneous papers from my bin
Coloring - Copics
Tools - EK Success Border Punch, Cuttlebug, Embossing Folder
Extra STUFF - Felt for hand made flower, Button, Twine and Dimensionals

And of course, I can't make a card that has SOMETHING to do with the kitchen and NOT share with you a yummy new recipe Glen and I found and tried.
With football season upon us, we're always looking for some fun new football munchie recipes.
BAKED REUBEN DIP
(CAN YOU SAY FREAKIN' YUMMO?!)
I switched it up a bit - it called for MAYO and I'm not a big Mayo fan, so I switched it out for Cream Cheese - Just as yummy!
Baked Reuben Dip Recipe
1 jar (32 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
10 ounces thinly sliced deli corned beef, chopped
2 cups, shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
2 cups, shredded Swiss Cheese
8 oz Cream Cheese (or 1 cup Mayo)
1/4 cup Russian Salad Dressing (may try it sometime with Thousand Island too)
1 teaspoon caraway seeds, optional
Rye Crackers or Rye Cocktail bread (my fave)

In a large bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients; stir in caraway seeds if you decide to use.  Transfer maxture to a greased 13x9 baking dish.  Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350* or until melty and bubbly.
Serve with crackers or bread (and watch it disappear!!!)

Hugs & Happy Days!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmmy goodness! Great card and thanks so much for sharing the recipe! Can't wait to give it a try! Sounds super yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min