Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happy Weekend!

What a gerrific weekend!!  And of course, I don't have many photos to share!
Friday we spent the day with my dad at an old car show that he goes to every year.  This year we didn't want him to miss it, so Glen and I spent the day with dad.  I was absolutely amazed by the amount of old car parts and how all these guys knew what all these parts were too and what year vehicle, it was absolutely fascinating.  Trim pieces for instance, they knew what model, vehicle and model year.  Amazing!!

Saturday we spent the day in the sweltering heat (big surprise there) working on the deck.  We were able to finish the railings and get the lights installed.  It looks awesome and mom & dad were thrilled!!  Dad and I made a quick trip to Lowe's even, which as simple as it sounds, is a huge step for my dad in his getting stronger for his surgery.  While we were at my mom and dad's yesterday we also ended up harvesting a FEW (like a DOZEN) cucumbers, banana peppers and even green onions.  I didn't take photos of that, however we were home today and WE have some veggies ready to pick in our garden (and a few that aren't yet ready to pick, but are growin like crazy!

We even got some time around the house today which was FABULOUS!!
So, on the crafty side of things - if you haven't been over to Crafters Digital Art Center, you MUST stop by - they have some absolutely FABULOUS challenges AND even some freebie images for you to download, use and enjoy! 
You can join for free and I'm sure you will enjoy your time there - there are some amazing digital designers and amazing inspiration!!  Heck, you can even join us at Shelly's Images.  We'd love to have you!
This week, Shelly's Images is hosting the sketch challenge with this fabulous new Birdie Birthday freebie -
How adorable is this?
Image - Shelly's Image (Freebie for CDAC #2 challenge)
MORE Challenges - Scrap-Friendzy Bonus Challenge #9 (cards with ONLY scraps)
Papers - Basic Grey & MME
Technique - A neat new technique to me making clouds thanks to my Design Team sista Marion
Thanks Girl!
Punch - Fiskars Apron punch
Extra STUFF - Copics, Stickles and Flat back Bb's
And, if you're looking for more freebies -
Join us this week at Shelly's Images Blog for a BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION!!  This week is my sis Shelly's Birthday and she's CELEBRATING in a big way!  Each day if you play along you can be a winner of some great freebies (she's been adding some AWESOME images to the store!)
Come join us and CELEBRATE!!
Happy Weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend Min! I would imagine that your Dad had a blast at Lowe's. Just anything to enjoy those "normal" things.

    We are having a great time at the birthday celebration. Still a few hours to enter for todays prize. But we have many more prizes coming this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great weekend,love your beautiful card!!! Fab pictures of your veges too,would love to grow my own veges!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great weekend and I'm so glad your dad was able to get out and enjoy the car show. Great pictures of your garden, nothing like home grown veggies! Let me know when the tomatoes are ripe for pickin'...I will be right there to help you...YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min