Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Yep, today I'm celebrating!  What a great day it's been!  My hubby sang me happy birthday this morning before I left to see my dad at the hospital.  My mom and dad had decorated my dad's room with happy birthday banners so they were there when I arrived.  I got to take a birthday walk with my dad who was feeling good today.  My mom 'cooked' breakfast with a little help from Mickey D's and they picked up some super neat things.
This is my new FAVORITE bag (Glen was laughing b/c he KNOWS how much this thing will end up weighing once I'm done loading it up).  And the sprial bound notebook - MOM MADE - DAUGHTER APPROVED.  My mom learned what modge podge is yesterday!  She covered a hard cover notebook with some neat fabrics she sewed together and modge podged it to the cover of the notebook.  It's too nice to use!  The photo doesn't do it justice!
Then my honorary grandma brought up this yummy cupcake with a singing candle.  I took the photo at work because there was NO WAY this little sucker was going to make it home in one piece.  And BOY was it GOOD!!!
And to my surprise when I got home, my wonderful hubby got me these gorgeous flowers
Made me Buffalo Chicken for dinner - aren't these just gorgeous? Let me tell you - dinner was just AMAZING!!
And to top it all off - He ALSO made me a Strawberry Pie (the crust is even from scratch -  he ROCKS in the kitchen!!!)
Thanks to everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes, calls, cards and thoughts!  Today was a great day to celebrate a birthday!  We plan to do some more CELEBRATING once dad is out of the hospital and recovered!!
I hope you all had a wonderful day - Happy Hump Day!!
Thanks for stopping by - always happy to have you!
Stay tuned tomorrow for an awesome new Terrifically Thrilling Thursday challenge at Shelly's Images Blog - Scrappy's got some neat stuff up her sleeve that you won't want to miss!
You still have a little time to get in on this week's challenge and maybe even be a WINNER!

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday, Min!!
    Love all you fabulous gifts!!
    What a precious notebook from your mom!!
    That cupcake looks yummy!!
    So glad to hear your dad is doing better hope he will get to come home soon!!
    Sorry I haven't been able to be at SF we are so busy trying to get things ready to put our house on the market, and we had a sudden death in our family and its Summer!
    I'm hoping to be back maybe late August miss it over there!
    We started workig on house projects in April so its been time consuming.
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh....it looks like you had an awesome day! The purse is SO fabulous and I love the little mod podge book. How creative. the cupcake is just sinful. And I think I need lessons from Glen so I can make beautiful meals like that. Mmmm....strawberry pie!!! I am so happy that you had a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min