Sunday, September 14, 2014

Baby Shower Thank Yous

So, I was a bit OCD when it came to our baby shower - after nearly 11 years of waiting for our little Jelly Bean and her being likely our first and only, everything had to be perfect!  

We were surrounded by all our wonderful family and friends and enjoyed a lovely day in mid-July at Canterbury Village....where coincidentally, my husband proposed years ago, we ALMOST had our wedding here and it is also where we also had our maternity photos taken.  This place has a big place in our hearts!  :)

Needless to say, everything had to be perfect - including the invites and thank you cards (OF COURSE)!

Because there was just no way I had the time to create the amount of invitations we needed (between getting taking naps - I know being pregnant is tough work, working full time, and getting ready for baby), we found these fabulous Vera Bradley paisley invites at Tiny Prints that Glen and I both loved and used them as the inspiration for the shower!

Of course, as you ally know, being crafty, a flat invitation just wouldn't do, so that's where the little blinged out butterfly came in.  My mom, mom in law and I spent a Sunday afternoon in late May punching out butterflies, adding the bling and attaching them to the invitations before they were mailed out to our guests.

And here's the 'help me build my library card we included with the invitations (we ALL love her library and the special books she received).
I DID however, have time to work on the thank you notes and I couldn't have been happier with how they turned out!
Something simple, but perfect!
Tools - Cuttlebug, Nesties & EK Success Butterfly Punch
Extra STUFF - Computer generated sentiment, Doodling, Dimensionals & BLING

And of course, a few pics from the Shower:
Grandma's to be with Glen & I (and the ginormous chair they had me sit in)
Scrapbook - write Baby K a note table 
Gift table for guests 
Lunch tables 
Flowers (can you believe these came from Kroger and cost next to nothing?!)
I LOVED the flowers!!!
We love the whole day - what an amazing celebration we had with our family and friends.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and oohing & aahing of baby shower 'stuff'.
Hugs & Happy Days!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful shower, Min! I think I recognize that place.....I think! :) Can't wait to see pics of the little jelly bean!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min