Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Heartfelt Thank You!

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!
I wanted to take a quick minute to make a personal post.

I want to THANK EVERYONE who was kind enough to send cards to my dad. 
You will NEVER know now much those cards meant to him and just how much he enjoyed EACH and EVERY ONE that arrived for him.  He was amazed that people from all over the world thought enough of him to send cards, Christmas and well wishes.

We were so very blessed to be able to spend the holidays with our family & friends, Thanksgiving, Christmas and the New Year.

Heaven received its newest angel on Friday, January 7th when Dad left us to be with the Lord.
My mom, Glen, my sister and I were all with Dad when he passed.
While it breaks our heart that he is no longer here with us, we are comforted by knowing that he is at peace and no longer suffering.
We were So Blessed this last year to be able to spend the time we did and we are so grateful all the memories that we've been able to celebrate as a family. 
God gave us a miracle - we spent the holidays as a family.

We plan to have a Celebration of Dad's life early this summer. 
Dad wanted to celebrate with friends and family once he recovered and beat his cancer. 
He was NOT going to give up - even at the end.
So, we intend to honor his wishes and have a celebration in his honor.

I can't THANK YOU all enough for your kindness toward my family - for your prayers and well wishes.
You will NEVER know how much that kindness has meant to our family this past year.

God Bless each and every one of you for your kindness!
Min 

6 comments:

  1. OMG Min,I am so sorry for your loss,sending all my love and hugs to you and your family.Thinking of you all.
    Big Hugs Cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Min, you amaze me with your strength and grace. I can only imagine the blessing that you have been to your parents through all of this. You are definitely my hero. Sending all my love to my sister at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Min, words cannot express the depth of my sympathy for you and your family at this time. Your father fought a very courageous battle. Heaven has been blessed with another angel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Min, I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish you and your family strength.

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless you and your family, Min. Sorry that I was out of town and did not get to send a card. Will keep your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so sorry to hear about the passing of your dad. I haven't been blogging much since the first of the year so I haven't stopped by lately. There has not been a day that has gone by that I haven't thought about you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this dfficult time. I hope you received my card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min