Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Christmas Request....

As many of you know, my dad was diagnosed with Esophageal Cancer January 2010.  This last year has lead our family on quite a roller coaster ride.
The Wednesday before Thanksgiving, we were given the news that my dad's cancer has spread around his lung now. 
The Friday after Thanksgiving, we sat down with the Hospice team to be sure he is taken care of and comfortable.

As you can imagine, this is devastating news for us all - my dad is a YOUNG guy - only 65, he is an Army Veteran who served his country during the Vietnam War and has always been Active and doesn't know what the word SLOW DOWN means.
He is the ROCK of our family and our STORY TELLER.
We are praying for miracles now as there isn't a treament or trial for what he has.
He is one STRONG guy and continues to fight this terrible disease.

For the last 12 months family and friends have sent cards and well wishes.  My dad has absolutely LOVED and CHERISHES every single card and well wish that has come his way.

This year I'd love to make it a Christmas he'll never forget.
Not by buying gifts or pomp & circumstance, but with Christmas Wishes & Memories.

I don't usually use my blog to do things like this and I like to try and keep things lite & fun here, but with it being Christmas and everyone being so wonderfully talented with card creations - would you mind making one extra card to send to my dad?  I can't even tell you how much it would mean to him and how special it would be.
Cards can be send to Dave Colby care of Our House.
If you woudln't mind sharing a little Christmas spirit, you can email me at mindikwiatkowski (at) yahoo (dot) com and I can send you the address to mail them to.

Thank you to everyone in advance for your thoughtfulness and support.
~Min

16 comments:

  1. It would be an honor to send an extra card. You can count on one or more from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Min, I would love to send your dad a card. Please email me the address.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to you and your family. I've got your address but won't be able to get to the post office til next week but you can count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Min--your family will certainly be in my thoughts and my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Min,I would love to send your dad a card,if one of my cards can cheer him up,then it is all worth it.Sending all my love to you and your family.You can email me the address to chezzy31@gmail.com
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Min, I'm so sorry. My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family. Cherish EVERY moment. Card is on it's way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Min! I'm so sorry to hear this news! My thoughts, prayers and hugs to you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card cute bear thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun image. Love the two patterned papers you used. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Cutz.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH Min....I had no idea! Sending you and your family my thoughts during this difficult time!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Min - this saddens me greatly. I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. Sending thoughts and hugs to you and yours. Will also be praying for the miracle you need.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Min, I am so sorry about your dad. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm praying for your father's peace - in mind & body - and for the kind of joy that comes from a life that has been so well-lived. Take comfort in the fact that he is surrounded by those who love him so much and that we, your friends & fellow DT members, love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Min,
    I just sent you an email.
    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  16. One is already on the way to them from us. Thinking of you guys and sending everyone lots of hugs.

    Amy and the Raz crew

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min