Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Special Request -

I'm a regular visitor of Doodle Dragon Studios and a regular user of Dustin's fun digi-images.  Two weeks ago, he posted a special request from one of his followers Jennifer from Just 4 Fun Crafts
This is part of the email:
On Friday, December 11th, 2009 my friends daughter Delia was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. She is 10 yrs old and is currently being treated at the Denver Children's Hospital.
She loves art, photography and really loves owls. I was hoping that there would be some wonderful women or men out there that would love to send her a card of encouragement. I thought it would bring a smile to Delia's face to be inundated with cards as a special Valentines Day gift from people around the world. Please find it in your heart to bring hope and love to this beautiful spirited girl. Any card will do..but if you have an owl that would be a bonus. Please pass this information around so we can thrill a little girl in her time of hardship!
She is on her second round of chemo and its been a struggle for her, although she is doing better today.
An address for her mail is here.
Att: Delia Cadwallader
2048 Sandhurst Dr.
Castle Rock, CO 80104
So, I know Valentine's Day has passed, but if you'd like to make a little girl smile who is going through something no child should have to endure, drop her a card in the mail with a prayer and words of encouragement.
If you're a fan of Dustin's digi-images, he's got three owl images you can use to make a card for Delia.  You can check out his blog HERE.  Or if you're not a digi-image person, but want to send a card to Delia anyway, I'm sure should would LOVE anything she gets in the mail - Happy Mail is the best kind!
Here's the card I sent to Delia -  Of course, the little owl images are just too cute - they were designed with Delia in mind!
Image - Dustin Pike/Doodle Dragon Studios
Technique - Magic Colored Pencil Technique
Paper - Basic Grey & Cardstock (both from my stash)
Miscellaneous - Fiskars Punch & Satin Ribbon
Sorry I didn't post this sooner  As you know things have been a bit chaotic with my dad being in the hospital.  He had a few surgeries last week, but I'm happy to report that he came home yesterday afternoon.  I stayed the night just to make sure he was comfortable with his new routine - he has lots of meds to take through out the day - easy if he were able to swallow, but because everything must go through his J-Tube, everything is a bit more complicated.  He has been such a trooper!  We are so grateful that God has kept my dad in his care.  While things will be tough for the next several months with radiation and chemo both starting this week, we are just so thankful for how good he is doing after everything he's been through the past few months and pray that he continues to fight his way through.  He is one TOUGH guy!  And I'm so proud of him!
Thanks so much for stoppin' by today!  I hope you've had a great weekend!!
Happy Craftin'!
Min

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet...and what a sweet card! I haven't been over to Dustin's lately, thanks for letting us know of the worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min