Saturday, May 21, 2011

First Layout in WAY TOO LONG!!

Boy oh boy, it's been some time since I've actually done a layout.  QUITE different from making cards I tell ya!

With my dad's BBQ Celebration of Life in July, of course, I wanted to get together a scrapbook album of some of our fond moments with my dad.
This was one!
Growing up our family was a U of M rooting family.  My grandfather worked for the U of M, in College I worked for the U of M Athletic Department.  And Funny, My hubby was a HUGE U of M fan too.
In our adult life, we continue to bleed Maize and Blue.  :)
Last February, when my dad was in the hospital the first of many times, a few of the U of M athletes came around the Veterans Hospital and took the time to talk with them.  Of course, being a scrapbooker, my camera is ALWAYS with me.  So, this is how we came to get this photo of my two favorite men - My dad and My Hubby with Zoltan Mesko (now a Punter for the NE Pats) and Patrick Omameh - Offensive Rt. Guard.
It took me nearly the entire day to get this done, but I'm pleased with how it turned out. 
I've gotten Three pages done so far for the album - I never realized just how hard it was going to be to do these. 
Photo - Dad & Glen w/U of M Football Players - Feb 2010
Papers - Miscellaneous from my stash - Tryin' to USE what I've got in that Stash!!
ESPECIALLY LOVE the U of M Block M paper
Extra STUFF - Big Brads I heat embossed with colored embossing power to match the layout (they were BROWN to begin with - look pretty cool, huh?
Alpha stickers
Digi Tags with Block M on them, MS Border Punch, Die Cut football from Football textured paper

Thanks so much for stoppin by and takin' a view of what's goin' on in my little creative world today!
The sunshine is FINALLY here (at least for a day or two), so as you can imagine, we're getting as much stuff done as we can at the farm the last few days.

Stay tuned for a few photos of our progress tomorrow (the rain is back tomorrow).  Garden Tillin & Plantin' and tree house tearin' down.  It's gonna smell like a locker room in our house this weekend (and probably at mom's too with all the Icy Hot we're using for sore muscles.  LOL
Hugs & Happy Days!

2 comments:

  1. It was well worth all the effort you put into it Min! This is a great scrapbook page! What a great tribute to your dad!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this LO is awesome Min! Perfect papers and embellishment!! Enjoy your day!
    Hugs, Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my little sliver of Paradise.
I love reading your comments!!!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min